Saturday, April 3, 2010

Arsenic & Old Lace

Character: Mortimer
Director: Bill Brown
Location: Villa Playhouse, Springville
Year: 1999
20 years later I gained my second romantic lead role and my first, and to date, only stage kiss. It was awkward for both of us since she was married. When the director said it had to be we fought and fought with it. She finally threw her hands up and exclaimed, "Oh, to heck with it!" She then ran over, grabbed me, and kissed me quick. That broke the ice for the rest of the run of the show.
I originally auditioned but did not get the role. There were plenty of guys whom I thought were better than me, anyway. However, the actor they chose dropped out shortly after he was chosen. I was either their second or third pick. But I don't care because I got the part!

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment